Thursday, January 28, 2010

The relationship between a mother and her son is priceless.

November 18th, 2004 changed my life forever. It changed my life in the best way possible, forever. Bentley is my little buddy, he's such an amazing kid. Everyday, he amazes Forrest and I with things he says and does, where does he come up with this stuff. Sometimes, Forrest and I will just sit here, looking at Bentley, astonished at how funny he is, how smart he is, and how much we can see eachother and ourselves in him.

The other day, he went to school like he does every week. I got there to pick him up and his teacher kind of motioned for me to go to the side so she could tell me something. I was kind of worried that Bentley had misbehaved, said something embarassing or something of that nature. Instead, Teacher Barbara let me know that he did not eat lunch. Okay, no big deal.... right? Then she tells me what he said his reasoning for not eating was..... Oh my gosh, little boy! He informed the whole lunch room that we had just bought groceries the night before, and that his parents bought him Dino shaped nuggets and he was NOT eating because he was going home and eating those! Personally, I thought it was kind of funny..... Teacher Barb, not so much. What can ya do?

I've had a tough time facing the fact that come September, my baby is starting Kindergarten! KINDERGARTEN, seriously. Where does the time go? He may be ready, but I am so not ready for this! Before I know it, he will have girls calling, friends picking him up, a drivers license, prom, HIGH SCHOOL. Wow.... Time sure does fly.

I guess I just needed to think tonight, my baby isn't going to be a "baby" forever, but he will, however, be MY baby. He's a Mama's boy and Daddy's boy, alike. We are so lucky to have this ray of sunshine, this little spitfire, this growing handsome boy in our lives every single day! What would life be like without my Bentley Bug? It sure would be boring, that is for sure.

And as I close my blog for the night, I have to share this song. I know that each and every Mom and Dad out there will be touched by it, because it's true! Hold your babies and kiss them lots tonight. They aren't going to be little forever!
Your Gonna Miss This

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that song makes me cry every time! It really does go by way too fast. I had to laugh at his reasoning- hey, the boy knows what he likes!

    ReplyDelete